E.E.O.C. Rules In Favor Of Founder of Brooklyn Madrassa
Do you all remember Dhaba “Debbie” Almontaser? She was the founder of the Brooklyn based Khalil Gibran Academy, New York City’s first English-Arabic public school. Just to refresh your memory, she was ousted over the “Intifada NYC” t-shirt controversy.
The principal had come under fire for comments she made to The New York Post about an “Intifada NYC” T-shirt that is sold by an activist group which shares an office with the Yemeni-American association that Almontaser represents.
The day before she condemned the T-shirt message’s connection to Palestinian terrorism, Almontaser told the Post that “intifada” meant “shaking off” and the shirts represented women “shaking off” oppression.
Yeah right, lady!
The comments infuriated the city’s United Federation of Teachers president, Randi Weingarten, who called the message “war-mongering.”
“That’s something that ought to be denounced, not be explained away,” she told the paper.
For once, I agree with Randi Weingarten. By definition, Intifada is all about fifth columnist fakestinian squatters waging low level war against Israeli civilians through suicide bombings. The same can be said of the immigrant “youths” in the Paris suburbs. Also, who is this woman to talk about oppression of women when her co-religionists kill young women for not accepting arranged marriages or for otherwise ruining their family’s honor? Give me a break.
But anyway, I digress.
Those dhimmis at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ruled in favor of Ms. Almontaser. They’re basically saying that her firing was “discrimination.”
In other words, firing a hostile minority woman who supports an Intifada is bad because it violates one of liberalism’s main commandments. “Thou shall not discriminate or treat minorities differently, especially if they complain about their host country.”
Now just in case you’re thinking that what I wrote was nothing more than the rantings of a crazy woman, check out Ms. Almontaser’s interview with the Norwegian branch of Amnesty International.
- President Bush is trying to destroy the United States that I love and of which I am a result. He has abandoned our forefather’s ideals of a society of freedom; democracy and pluralism build by immigrants. He is a nightmare.
- I would love to see a peace-loving country as Norway calling the USA to the carpet, telling that enough is enough. I would like to see Norway taking the risk demanding that USA stops the killings, spreading suffering, emergency and fear in countries as Afghanistan, Iraq, Venezuela and Sudan, she says. – I would like to see Norway show its guts in the Security Council and protest against unfair and racist policies. Stop the sanctions against Iraq; can’t you see that it is the civil population that suffers?
Peace loving country, my foot. More like a fakestinian terror loving country.
-Why do you think terrorists attacked the USA?
- A year ago I could not answer such a question. To me it was just impossible to comprehend how someone could do such terrible, totally sick atrocities. Many said they were not surprised that terrorists attacked the US. That hurt me deeply. Today I believe that the terrorist attacks can have been triggered by the way the USA breaks its promises with countries across the world, especially in the Middle East and the fact that it has not been a fair mediator with its foreign policy. It is not true that the people in the Middle East and Southeast Asia hate our lifestyle, our freedom and our democracy. What disturbs them is that we in order to secure our own well being, deprive them of the possibility of achieving the same high living standard and freedom of choice that we have in the western world. Terror is the last resource of a desperate and oppressed people, but that does not mean that it is acceptable. People who do terrorist acts have lost the sense of right and wrong, each individual committing such acts should be punished with the maximum extent of the law. Only Allah is entitled to take lives.
Notice that last sentence. Does she believe that terrorists who blow up pizzerias and night clubs in Israel lost their sense of right and wrong? I doubt it. I’m sure she would most like say “Well yes, BUT… Always pay attention to what people say after the word “but.”
Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs is on this as well. She has more on Debbie Almontaser’s background.
Almontaser has called America a racist country.
· She has said that the U.S. brought the 9/11 attack upon itself.
· She opposes the War on Terror.
· She supports numerous radical organizations, including the Council for American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Trial for terrorist financing, where CAIR’s relationship to Hamas, a designated terrorist organization, has been repeatedly argued by the prosecution.
· She accepted an annual award from CAIR in 2005.
· She is on the board of the Muslim Consultative Network, whose members include unindicted co-conspirator CAIR and the radical Islamic Circle of North America. The Muslim Consultative Network is a major sponsor of the Almontaser Reinstatement Effort.
· Has been a spokesperson for the Muslim American Society for a NYC 9/11 event.
· Refused to answer a NY Sun reporter as to whether or not Hamas and Hezbollah are terrorist organizations
· Refused to say that the Intifada was a Palestinian terror campaign against innocent Israeli civilians, children, women, and men.
· Dabah has appointed radical Imams to her schools Board of Advisors.